Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: EWS 64-Intel 820er-Problematik!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Thomas Schulte-Ebbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hallo Terratec EWS 64-User
    Hilfe, 820er Intel-Chipsatz-Inkompatibilit?t mit EWS 64XL!!!
    Hat jemand Erfahrung mit dem Via Apollo Pro 133A-Chipsatz auf Mainboards (f?r Pentium III 600 mit 133 MHz Frontsidebus!), z. B. mit dem ASUS Mainboard P3V-4X oder ?hnlichem?!
    Technischer Hintergrund: Ich habe das bei Terratec bereits bekannte Intel 820er-Problem, d. h., mit meinem neuen ASUS P3C 2000 Mainboard mit dem Intel 820 Chipsatz ist es nicht m?glich, dem EWS-Synthesizer, den ich aussschlie?lich verwende, Hardiskrecording im Full-Duplex-Verfahren zu bewerkstelligen (als professioneller Musiker nat?rlich der Supergau). Laut Terratec Hotline h?ngt dies wie gesagt mit dem bereits in Verruf geratenen Intel 820-Chip zusammen (ASUS hat alle 820er Boards letzten Monat bereits aus der Produktion genommen, siehe auch unter www.asus.com). Daher sind meine Hoffnungen auf eine L?sung bspw. durch ein Bios-Update erloschen und ich bin auf der Suche nach einem neuen modernen Mainboard ohne Intel 820-Chip. Das Problem: Ich m?chte meine neue Intel P III 600B CPU (133 MHz, also 4,5 Clock interner Jumpertakt am Mainboard n?tig), meine neuen PC133 SDRAM-Module (f?r den 133 MHz Frontsidebus) und meine neue Matrox Millenium G400 (133 MHz AGP-Steckplatz) gerne weiterverwenden.
    Die laut Terratec stabil laufenden (ASUS) Boards mit BX-Cipatz sind hingegen nur f?r einen 100 MHz Frontside-Bus ausgelegt, man verschenkt also teuer bezahlte Performance.
    Gru?
    Thomas
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Could we keep this Forum so that _only_ language we use is English. IMHO _nearly_ all of us understand, at least a bit, of english. No offence Thomas, but I personally _don't_ understand that much of german that I could read and answer your problem... sorry.

    En nimitt?in usko ett? kovinkaan moni ymm?rt?isi jos kirjoittaisin ongelmani/asiani suomeksi...
    (Translated: I don't think that many of you would understand if I would write my problems in finnish... :-P)

    Back to the topic, I heard that I820 chipset isn't good for ISA-soundcards, I820 _is_ ISA killer. IMHO most of add-on card manufactures do _ONLY_ PCI cards and older chipsets don't understand 133MHz memorymodules and/or RIMM-modules...
    Now that's my two cents.

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro

  3. #3
    Inactive Member daniele's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    please if you can use English(I use altavista traslation)i'm very curious for this problem

    thanks!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Schulte-Ebbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Terratec-EWS 64 User!
    Help! The 820-Caminon Intel-Chip on my ASUS P3C 2000-Mainboard doesn't work with the Synth of the EWS 64 XL! Is a Mainboard with VIA APOLLO PRO 133A-Chip (ASUS P3V-4X) running with the EWS 64 XL?
    The Terratec Hotine knows this Problem with the Intel Caminon 820 Chip, it's not possible to assign an IQR to the EWS Synth. Without IQR it's not possible to make Full Duplex Records. ASUS recently has stoped the production of any Mainboard with Caminon 820 Intel Chip and normal SDRAM (see www.asus.com). So I have no hope that a Bios-Update (currently Award-Bios V.6.0) can can help and now I'm surching for a Mainboard without 820 Chip which futures 133 MHz Frontsidebus for my Intel Pentium 600B (133 MHz, 4,5 Clock internal Jumpersetting nessesary), my 256 MB SDRAM 133 MHz and my 133 MHz AGP Matrox Millenium G400 Grafic Card).
    Terratec says, that the ASUS-Board with BX-Chip are running, but they only support 100 MHz Frontsidebus.
    Is there anybody, who knows other possible Mainboards, for example with VIA APOLLO PRO 133A-Chip (ASUS P3V-4X) and has experience with the Terratec EWS 64 XL?
    [email protected]


    ------------------
    Hello Terratec-EWS 64 User!
    Help! The 820-Caminon Intel-Chip on my ASUS P3C 2000-Mainboard doesn't work with the Synth of the EWS 64 XL! Is a Mainboard with VIA APOLLO PRO 133A-Chip (ASUS P3V-4X) running with the EWS 64 XL?
    The Terratec Hotine knows this Problem with the Intel Caminon 820 Chip, it's not possible to assign an IQR to the EWS Synth. Without IQR it's not possible to make Full Duplex Records. ASUS recently has stoped the production of any Mainboard with Caminon 820 Intel Chip and normal SDRAM (see www.asus.com). So I have no hope that a Bios-Update (currently Award-Bios V.6.0) can can help and now I'm surching for a Mainboard without 820 Chip which futures 133 MHz Frontsidebus for my Intel Pentium 600B (133 MHz, 4,5 Clock internal Jumpersetting nessesary), my 256 MB SDRAM 133 MHz and my 133 MHz AGP Matrox Millenium G400 Grafic Card).
    Terratec says, that the ASUS-Board with BX-Chip are running, but they only support 100 MHz Frontsidebus.
    Is there anybody, who knows other possible Mainboards, for example with VIA APOLLO PRO 133A-Chip (ASUS P3V-4X) and has experience with the Terratec EWS 64 XL?
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently had some trouble with a MSI 6163 pro mainboard: i couldn?t configure the board and the EWS 64 to understand each other. To be precise: Although I installed the EWS 64 on two mainboards (Gigabyte 6BA and Abit BP6) before, I couldn?t find a working setup of IRQs etc. I tried half a day, and all the tricks that usually made it work (forcing IRQs in BIOS etc.) didn?t help. As the Abit BP6 worked pretty good for the EWS 64, I?m going for a Abit BE6 Board now. Have a look at the review: http://bxboards.com/mainboard/slot1/be6.shtml

    I suppose that the developers of most of the newer mainboards didn?t care too much for the ISA slots anymore:-(. That?s why I go for the older BE 6 now.
    By the way: the BE 6 can handle up to 150 MHz FSB although it?s built with the BX chipset;-). It also has a UDMA 66 controller onboard. I think I?ll have my BE 6 within some days. I?ll operate it with an overclocked Celeron II 533@800/566@850 MHz ( don?t know yet which one will do it faster & more stable).

    If you?re interested in my progress (if there?ll be some...) you can e-mail me: [email protected].

    P.S. I?m also german, so you can mail me in English or in German.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member daniele's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    VIA APOLLO PRO 133A-Chip in this moment it is the best solution,820 not only have problem with isa,I currently use p3 504>112 Mhz Fsb on Bx Mb,a my friend uses currently Bx mainboard(abit) copper 550\100 to 731>133 Fsb ,this is a lot interesting
    Update the bios if he is available this could help
    Soon I will pass to the apollo pro




    [This message has been edited by daniele (edited June 17, 2000).]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Hi everybody,

    this continues my last post.
    This morning I solved my problem with the MSI 6163 pro in a very unusual way (for the EWS64...): I opened the BIOS menu and did the following settings:

    pnp OS: no
    resources controlled by: AUTO

    And voila: my first EWS 64 works. The second one?s digital control doesn?t work yet, but I suppose that there?s something wrong about the SIMM module. I hope I?ll fix it this afternoon.

    BTW: The Celeron II is working, overclocked to 566@850/892 MHz. I?m using the 850 MHz setting because the system is more stable if it works with 100 MHz frontside bus than with 105 (8,5 X 105 MHz ~ 892 MHz).
    I?m going to borrow some PC 133 SDRAM and try out some higher settings as my PC 100 SDRAM doesn?t work properly at more than 105 MHz.

    Bye,
    Philipp

  8. #8
    Inactive Member daniele's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    philippz,105 mhz of FSB it is not a lot elevated for Sdram Pc100,however I believe that 850 Mhs are a lot high,Celeron II have the same core of the coppermine?
    I have the MSI 6119,make overclock on this MB is dangerous (PCI bus at 37 MHZ),on the Abit of mine friend is possible to set up the factor of division of the bus PCI and AGP,no card outside specific,if you take to PC133, if you succeed to find Sdram with Cas latency of " 2 "is better why this would have to be index of good performances


    [This message has been edited by daniele (edited June 18, 2000).]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi daniele,

    during the weekend I had some PC 133 SDRAM for testing. I wasn?t able to overclock to more than 105 MHz, the CPU simply didn?t make more. It?s sad to know this, but my RAM wasn?t the problem.

    Anyway, I?m quite satisfied with the Celeron II: 892 MHz at 150 Euro:-)) And - if this was your question - the Celeron II is made of the same core as the Coppermine and also includes the SSE extensions which are supported both by Logic Audio?s and Cubase?s audio engines.

    The PCI division factor is set automatically by my board (that?s not too good, but as the CPU isn?t going to go faster anymore, I don?t care about it), so it?s running at 35 MHz PCI clock now.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member daniele's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for yours answers and for yours time

    best regards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •